Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Brutal Honesty

We all claimed to be honest and genuine, but yet we often lie to the people around us, our workmates, friends, or even love ones. Those are supposed to be 'white lies', but how can that differ from lie itself? So someone who has a girlfriend and lie to another woman about being single is not correct. However, he/she who had an affair and lie to his/her partner because 'he/she doesn't want to hurt the other' is perfectly acceptable???

There isn't a definite line drawn when it comes to morality. We tend to do what we want to do at the time, putting ourselves ahead of many. Afterall, can you blame someone for trying to find happiness? There isn't a selfless person, unfortunately. There are people who are less selfish, but selfless? I have yet to see one myself. At this point, there are bound to be a few who said 'I am doing this and this to save the world, help others, etc etc'. May I ask you something, when you are wasted in the pub, have you thought about those who are starving to death in developing countries? When you spend an evening chilling out, watching TV, have you thought about what you could have done with those times? Even for yourself, improve yourself? I know I am very harsh, but please don't take it as an offense because I am just point out the obvious - selflessness doesn't exist.

If you are so arrogant to the point that you say my comments are unreasonable, then I am glad to inform you the news - You are a normal human being. A selfless individual is likely to be 1: GOD, 2: He/she lost everything already, 3: He/she is already dead.

The same formula applies for all things. A while ago, I had a conversation with a friend about the government being corrupted. Which is true, but how can any person not being 'corrupted' when our livelihood is about earning the money to feed ourselves, spoil ourselves? I am not here to argue because for me, arguing is a total waste of time. At first, it is constructive, but after a while it becomes a personal dual to see who can get one to agree, to bow to another. I am presenting another side of the coin, that's all.

My job allows me to meet people from all walks of life, different backgrounds, different cultures, ethnic origins, etc. What I found fascinating is that no matter who they are, where they came from, they all have a big 'ME' element in the way they make decisions. Why do you have to be right? Why do you have to be so precise in every single thing?

The truth is that unless we can be brutally honest with ourselves, treat ourselves like every other person you meet on the street and vice versa, then all the talks about world peace, wiping third world debt, saving the planet is just gas coming out of our backsides. 'Why do we need weapons? Because they have weapons!!' How many lives can those money saves? Need I say more???

Last week, I talked to my mum on the phone about some treatment I am having to.. get myself some 'sparks' (hair) back. I noticed there is a clinic at the Victoria station but I just couldn't be bothered... until I went out with a very nice person and she told me we have no sparks. To be fair, she was right, but I use it as an excuse to get some manhood back. I had no idea what happened but I signed my life away - literally. Just like any treatments, side affects are never far away and this particular drug has certain affects on male. Without going into details, my mum was getting worry.

I said to her, 'It would be wrong not to at least try because what I am trying to do is to get more opportunities. It is better to get a rejection after a few dates than getting it before the date. Human beings are so focus on what they perceive that you have to get along with it, this is life.'

"Those unfortunate not to have sight can see a better world than anyone of us who can"

Was I hurt by it, YES. It is literally like someone walk up to me and said 'You have no/less talents than others'. You got to care because you do have talent, just that some of us are too blinded, too self conscious to take a step back and open our eyes. I know I sound bitter and like I am getting my own back at her, but it is not the case because I still love her... in a strange way. That comment is for all of us.

"We are all talented one way or another, you just need to find the right audience."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home