Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Home sweet home, for 2 weeks only....

Well... What a hectic April.

It is so nice to be home. I love this place, I have all the space I need, neighbours are very nice, I can see the Downs and the stars at night. What I love the most is the smell of fresh air, the freshness of the grass plus a hint of the after product of Ms Cow’s late dinner the night before. I grew up here, spent my teenage years here and it is just sad that I have to sell. This place is perfect to start a family and what a shame that I can only dream of the arrival of that day. I guess it is only fair to let a new family to enjoy this place as I can’t make the full use of it.

Now, after 2 weeks at home, I have to become a Nomad yet again. I am still torn between buying and renting. After my experience at High Wycombe (with a Gxxxx’x letting) let me down completely I prefer not to rent again. The bad tastes are still fresh in my mouth. However, with the property prices the way they are, the UK doesn’t offer value for money. The government is incompetent and so are the numerous managers who don’t have a clue how to run the team.

Anyway, that’s my personal opinion, plus every employee in every company.

I am contemplating my next step in life. Sometimes, I just want to pack my bag and leave, become a charity worker somewhere in Africa, see and live the life there and wonder why we are so greedy, needy that in order to live our lives the way it is we have to destroy every bit of goodness out there.

I am no Christian, but I do believe there is a higher power above. What I am seeing, experiencing is because that “entity” is trying to tell me something. Lives cascade in a chaotic pattern, I hope I can see through it but seeing through myself is difficult enough, never mind the construction of a system of infinite size containing numerous dependant layers that interacts.

Yet more terrorist bombing and this time is in Egypt. If there is such ‘entity’, whether it is God, Allah or some other. Why would someone be so twisted to think that this higher power needs our help to do something for him? To ask one to kill, murder another of his creation is totally absurd. If indeed this is the case, is that entity still worth our devotion and worship? Our obsesses with power and the chance to play God is going to end our civilisation like many before us. Wouldn’t it be great if life is indeed simple?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home