Friday, October 27, 2006

I am a dating / relationship idiot

I didn’t plan to write anything until I had a conversation with my ex on the MSN. It was just a normal chat until we touched on the dating issue. Not that she and I will date again because that’s history and I only have one person in my mind right now. On the dating front, the first thing she said was NOT to get any flowers on the first date. It is not the first time I heard this, Connie said the same thing before my last date. But being a member of the male species I didn’t listen at all and got a big bunch of flowers anyway. The date went pretty well and apart from the fact that I didn’t get a second date. One would say that was a complete failure but it was just a date, just an experience in my view.

The reasons not to get any flowers were : Too serious, softie. I am puzzled… so buying some flowers to show my appreciation is wrong, I should be casual and not show too much interest… What’s the matter with women? Some women, let’s say. Or is it me who is irrational?

I am baffled to find out that a woman can let a man physically abuse her and yet stays with him because he loves her when he is not drunk. Willing to marry a man when she knows after marrying him he will just sit on the couch with his beer, does zero amount of housework and doesn’t show any interests in her until he wants sex.

I always hear from guys at work that I shouldn’t try to understand women. ‘Let them do whatever they want and just pretend to be interested’, ‘You will never understand them because they don’t understand themselves’. Funny enough it is those guys who women are attracted to.

OK, I will ditch my plan and save it till later. Happy now??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home