Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Week 40 – Newcastle

I returned to Newcastle again this week. When I was told about the news, I was relieved and yet excited about going back. It is not the case that I enjoy the long trip on the train and taxi, but I am going to see her again after a 3 weeks break.

The train journey was pretty much normal, apart from the euphoria that almost made me overslept and ended up at Edinburgh.

The moment I walked into the restaurant and saw her, my heart exploded. I have no idea why, but to me, it felt like seeing a long lost ‘sweetheart’ despite the fact that we don’t know anything about each other. This time, she was more chatty and asked me where I have been for the past 3 weeks. We talked more than we used to and I thought I might have a remote chance.

After some consideration, I decided to give her my contact details. I was mulling over when to do that (just like any inexperience and shy person – boys and girls included). Then, as if god was looking down to me I had a minute of alone time with her. I limped towards her and then handed over the note. I said to her it might be useful in the future. Not a classic line in anyway, probably the worst thing ever. However, it was still better to say something and made a fool of myself then not making a move at all. Life is too short to walk away from a chance.

2 friends, 2 opinions. Objective view (A lady friend) is that it doesn’t matter who made the move as long as a move is made. She won’t call me because a girl is naturally shy, but I needed to do something to let her know I am around. Subjective view (A guy friend) said I should have asked for her number and be persistence.

I consider myself a gentleman and so I didn’t push her. Would she give her phone number to a guy who eats at the restaurant she works at every time he is in Newcastle? I still want to eat there once in a while and it is better to be cool than needy. What’s your opinion? I talked to ‘Sifu’ about her and his first question was ‘Don’t you mind she is only a waitress?’ My answer, without hesitation was ‘I don’t care who she is and what she does for living’. I want to believe that love is without boundary, class, race, age, just pure fate and gut feeling…

By the way, she cut her hair and now she looks more mature and much more attractive. More of an attractive sexy look than a cute innocent look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home