Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Week 41 – Moving into a shed

Becoming a ‘shedman’ – a man who lives in a shed is not easy. Just like many other decisions in my life, they turned out to be wrong and brought more hassles and pain. Anyway, life has to go on and ‘suck it up’ is slowly climbing onto the top of my list of golden words.

To sum up the living conditions:

The hot water is no longer hot after 1 min in the shower. Cold showers are always available at 6:30 in the morning as the boiler is on timer and doesn’t turn on until 7.
My TV is under 3 feet from my face and it is quicker for me to change channels with my finger than pickup up the remote.
The TV reception is so poor I can barely see channel 4 + 5, which is a pain for a guy who likes US programmes.
There is no space for a table so I had to put a plate on my chair and eat off there.

Sounds sh**e doesn’t it? A shed for 495 a month… But I know I can get through this because there are many out there who has to live on the street. I set a limit to spend on my salary and there is no way I am paying close to 30% of my income on accommodations. I picked the price, knew what I was going to get for that price so ‘SUCK IT UP’ is the result.

Should I get a white imported Celica from Japan? Or keep my money and use it for camera gears and take a chance with my Renault Megane?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home