Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The 2006 review and the 2007 resolutions

What can I say about 2006… I asked 3 girls out, got 1 first date (then a reject), 1 straight rejection and 1 deferred reject. To me, that is a big step up as I have only asked 0 girls out since breaking up with my ex. The anger with her had gone down the drain and we do speak from time to time. She said to me,‘You are a good guy’. Very simple words but it is always nice to hear some compliments.

In terms of achievement I have completed my PADI open water qualification earlier in the year in freezing cold water in Southampton, had my first ever car accident and walked away from it, stepping up my photography with my dream lens – the one and only 70-200mm F2.8 L IS. It is bloody heavy to carry around but the F4 IS is too noisy and not as well built as the F2.8.

The house in Brighton was sold at last and now I am living in a garden shed somewhere outside Reading. Work-wise, I learnt a lot this year. Now I am confident enough to run the platform myself but not too happy about doing a lot of level 2 works and still getting only level 1 pay. Since my boss had kept my notice I guess I can always stay on. Anyway, I know what I can do so not too worried about the future.

Not a lot I can add to 2006, life is life and it is just another day waiting to meet that person, the one and only.
Looking ahead to 2007, I will have to sort out a couple things first. Job – stay or go. Car – getting another one or not. House – will buy a place if there is a chance with her.

Is it right to plan my life around an unknown? Probably not but that says how important whoever she may be.

Need to go on the road trip this year… hopefully with her.

I guess it is either the world’s most stupid or ingenious move to ask Miss E to go to Crufts with me. In principle, I got a yes but I can never be sure until we are there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home