Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mr Standby, at least I have an R.

Hello everyone. Let’s get back to my normal ranting mode and show my dissatisfaction to be a second best / standby. I see myself as a good person who cares about friends and would like to look after another person, love her and makes her realise that she is very important, at least to me. But unfortunately, because of my natural nice-ness people like to take a piss and think they can walk all over me.

Despite I have had one relationship and a handful dates, I found the phase ‘You are so nice, but let’s be friend’ absolutely insulting. So the only way to get a girl is to be an arse? No No No… at least I don’t believe it that.

What I believe is that it will just work when the right person is in front of you. Minimum effort but maximum result because both people are in the zone, so to say.

I am glad that I have friends looking out for me. Connie got angry because I am being used by someone, as usual. But I said to her, it is my choice to get to know her, I want to invest some time on that. Does it matter if she is playing around? I know what to expect and in fact, I expect nothing. So to follow on that point I might lose on the financial side but really, I am only paying for my tuition.

“If you expect nothing, even a grain for sand can make you feel on top of the world.”

Yes, I was going out on the date on the coming Saturday, but being put on standby again. I give her all the benefit of the doubts on this planet, maybe even the universe but there is a limit. I wanted to invite someone else to the Arsenal game and Cruft instead but I gave her my word and I just can’t say ‘forget about it I am taking someone else’. It is ok to play games if you know whom you are playing. I am not as soft as a competitor as I seem.

Whether I will go ahead and be a tough arse is another matter. All I want to say is that I gave it a go. I can certainly push more but I am not asking a piece of paper, so… No thanks to standby, please introduce me to some nice girls.

The return of the R….

It is nice to be in an R again. I sat in one last Friday and if everything goes according to plan I will pick it up this Friday. This one is older, higher mileage but got uprated brakes… groovy indeed… I am looking forward to drive my R around and spend more time with her this time round. With a car, you know what you get, with a girl, it is just like a temperamental French car. For me, no one can separate me from the car. It will always be loyal to me and won’t run away, unless I left the key in the ignition!!! Which can’t be said on some sections of people.


Ego too huge for my own good

I had a chat with ‘professor’ Brian and he said to me it takes 100 dates to get a girl to commit to you. You need to show her she means something. I thought… umm… I agree in principle but if she is interested, she will put in time, right?

The problem with me is that my Ego is too big for my own good. ‘Fire me’ is my attitude for work and I always carry the thoughts that I will not have problems getting a job. When it comes to emotional matter, my thought is NO girl is good enough to make me a standby.

Both Sifu and professor said I give up too easily, which I agree. I haven’t given up but I am taking it ultra easy because I have other things in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home