Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Crufts and me

This blog has to jump the queue for sure. Let’s roll back a few days to last Friday. I asked Miss E whether she was going to Crufts on Saturday. She said she was cooking and will call me back. OK, fine… tick tick tick… 2 hours later, nothing. I called, left a message and then went to bed. Saturday morning, nothing still. I went back to the office, collected my R and basically on standby until the last moment I had to leave. 10 o’clock, couldn’t wait much longer. Jumped into my car and blasted to Birmingham. On the way, she called with a very different tone to the night before… ‘Sorry I missed your message, not feeling well, blar blar blar’.

I am not doubting whether she was ill or not. In fact it doesn’t matter because I have already left for Birmingham. What I am not happy about was the fact that I wasn’t informed about it. I need to drive into London if she goes and if she was up front about it, at least I can tell her take a rest and if she didn’t feel any better I will go. Too many maybes and sometimes and sorry to say, after 5 months, enough is enough. I know women want to be chase, want to be spoiled but this is a joke now.

Let’s talk about something more positive. I arrived at NEC, with my heavy EOS3 + 70-200 L IS + Speedlite 550EX I was ready to shoot. First impression, how big is it? Then followed by so many people and so many dogs… It was great fun, really great despite being alone. I had opportunities to stroke difference breeds, spoke to their owners, asked them for advices and shoot. Over the 2 days I was really happy that I was there, a Bichon Frise licked my nose and it felt kinda weird. Dogs are amazing, they sensed my sadness and most of them came to cheer me up. The owners were amazing too, answered any questions people asked and once I point my camera they were so proud that someone wanted to take photos of their pride and joy that they did whatever they could to help.

I shot 4 colours and 2 black and whites in 2 days, that’s what I call production. I have to admit probably half of them will be shite as I seriously don’t like using flash and in general head on flash but I have no choice. I prefer bounce flash but no money to get an angle diffuser. I hope there will be 1 or 2 that are good, but the experience over the 2 days, put all person issues aside, was great.

I did do something very un-gentleman like on Sunday. Miss E called and asked me whether I have time to join for a group dinner. Of course, that my ‘family’ group… I said I am going to be busy in the foreseeable future and don’t know when I will be free. Which is true because I have to find a place to move before the first week of April. Anyway, I remember towards the end, I said, ‘I don’t want to promise you I will come and then not showing up again’. She paused…

I stress that I didn’t say it to take a swipe at her. But she took it that way and complained to Connie. I don’t know, part of me feel bad for this but more part of me actually felt pretty good. She has done it plenty of times and why can’t I? Am I becoming a true arse worthy person? Who knows, maybe that’s the way to be attractive, what a joke.

Today, spoke to a very well respected Dai Lo about this. She said ‘she said yes to go doesn’t mean she wants to go’. I understand girls can be irrational, but irrational and utter disrespectful is different, at least they spell different. If she and most Asian women want me to not to take them seriously then fine, not gonna argue. I just go on and shoot photos and ‘in search of an oasis’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home