Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lost in translation – Sunday 15th April

I can see why this film has its fans. Having heard good reviews about it from the media I was looking forward to the 9pm slot on Channel 4 this evening. My comment is ‘Naturally Clever’. I am not a fan of Bill Murray and don’t particularly like Scarlett Johannson either. I don’t see why many people think she is ‘out of this world’ pretty. She is prettier than many, but I don’t see what other people see for sure. Anyway, it is brilliantly scripted and the acting was very raw and believable from Scarlett and comfortably uneasy from Murray. Maybe that’s why it is very easy for a viewer to immerse into it. I feel empty and lost (feeling) after watching it. It is not the end that makes me empty, it is the message that we all have our responsibilities in life, to the people around us, we just can’t do what we want even if that would make our lives worth living for.

“Life is about what we can let go, not what can get.”

Enough words of sentiment, need to stop it before I emotional tank burst again.

What is happening in my life? I have moved recently. This time to a 1 bedroom flat in Burnham. It is much bigger than the shed and I can fit everything here so I don’t need the storage anymore. On top of that, I get a garden and plenty of room to walkabout when I don’t need to travel. So all in all, not bad for me.

Work-wise… I got a pay rise and a bonus. Not as much as I want but anything is good and I am gratefully accepting it. Just have to wait and see my next payslip. Who knows, maybe it is a pay rise for Mr Brown and not me.

Love-wise… Well. As expected, Susanna has a boyfriend. Despite she saying they've lost the sparks, etc etc… I don’t feel there is anything for me to work on. I know Miss E is a dead end so looks like I have to keep travelling on the single lane for a while. Susanna and I talk from time to time, e-mails, or text or phone. They were nice conversations, as friends only. I don’t overstep the line because I think those who ‘swoop in’ are SCUM and I am not one of them.

The funny thing is this. She said let’s go to IKEA and she will help me shop for my new place. She also mentioned she doesn’t mind cooking a meal for me if I buy her a meal first. That makes me wonder, what exactly is happening? Am I too black and white as a person? Connie said she is curious and would like to get to know me. Fine, I don’t mind get to know her either. It is nice to hear the phrase ‘Drive safely’ from someone who doesn’t have the need to say it. Someone to care is a bonus, I am not asking for the whole world.

Considering what ‘Dai Lo’ said to me before, ‘Girls always say YES but it doesn’t mean YES’. I will let nature take its course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home